Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Brocolli, By Any Other Name

Posted by MANDI at 4:15 PM
This conversation just took place, amongst homework and afternoon tea, at the kitchen bench and I'm still giggling so thought I'd share...
 
Offspring #1: What's for dinner?
 
Me: Broccolini Tart. And maybe braised cabbage and some vegies.
 
#1: Yum! You've made Broccolini Tart before haven't you? (And at my nod, yes) I remember, it was really good.
 
Offspring #2: Yuk!!  I don't like that!! Wait, what's Broccolini?
 
Me: You do like it...
 
#1: You like Brocollini! It's just like Broccoli.
 
Pause while #2 thinks about it...
 
#1: But with an INI at the end.
 
#2: Oh! That! Yeah, I like that.
 
Sometimes they leave me giggling like a crazy woman and they have no idea why. Then they look at each other and wander off together as if agreeing to leave the crazy woman alone for a while.

4 comments:

kj on August 29, 2012 at 5:20 PM said...

HA HA!! I love it!

Iris Flavia on September 3, 2012 at 9:31 PM said...

Too cute! :-)
Oh haven´t had Broccoli for quite a while! What is a Tart?

belongum on September 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM said...

YUM!!!

Do you do other people's parties?

;-)

MANDI on September 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM said...

Hey Iris, sorry I forgot to come back and answer you question. A tart is basically an open pie, ie a pie without a lid. So it has the pastry base and the filling - can be sweet (like jam tart) or savoury.

LOL Ron - I can barely mananage dinner for my own lot at the moment!

 

On The Sunny Side Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez